Re: Laptops, Drum Loops, etc.

>> If you like to produce modern sounding
>> Drum n Base, UK house, techno etc

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 2:51 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:

> those are modern??
If you thinks so. It's all relative... In this regard I used the word
"modern" for sound design techniques popularized during the last two
decades. Since Edward wrote that he is most interested in tips for
"world" style sounding drum tracks I thought the word "modern"
together with these three music style examples would be good enough to
describe what Geist is best at (right off the bat, that is - of course
you can achieve world style sounding drum tracks even with Geist if
you tweak around a bit. As well as today's drum track styles)

> didn't we change century since then

That's of minor interest right here since the discussion is about drum
track solutions for a laptop based live rig.

Per ;-)