Who be using what?

Patrick was asking who be using what.

I am in western North Carolina and have played bluegrass and acoustic and
whatever since 1975. I live way in the sticks and starting looping out of
frustration of not having as many people around to jam with as I like.

As far as instruments I have, road and live and loop ready, acoustic
mandolin, electric mandolin, octave
mandolin, mandola, electric mandola, mandocello, acoustic guitar (1956
Martin d28), electric guitar (tele), squareneck dobro, lap steel, pedal
steel, roundneck dobro, electric banjo, acoustic banjo, P bass, upright
bass, bass mandolin (1920's Gibson), acoustic fiddle, electric fiddle,
percussion rack, Roland elect drum kit, hammond organ module, yamaha tg55
keys, and probably something I am forgetting.

All those instruments are world class and with state of the art pickup
systems installed as I have a Fishman endorsement for ten years now.  I
run all the strings to a Fishman Aura, on which I have spent years
tweaking the images making them sound the best possible when amplified.
The Aura has midi control to select the proper image.

Then I have a digitech 1101 which also I have spent countless hours
setting up sounds for each instrument. The 1101 has midi out so that when
I choose a certain instrument on the 1101, it changes the Aura to the
proper setting for that instrument.

I then have a Rane CM86 mixer, which has eight channels, one for keys,
organ, strings, drum machine, two vocal mics and a/b inserts which I have

Andy Owens
1-800-AndyOwens
Sent from my iPhone
So the typing might not be my best!