Re: sequencers

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:07 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> You cant argue with 500 kroners for a little controller, thinking of
>getting
> one for mobius...

You may mistake the microKONTROL for the nanoKONTROL? My micro stays
in the studio though. Too big to bring for gigs. But in the studio it
is really nice to have a simple keyboard with drumming pads and lots
of faders on, just to pop in the USB when needing to play something
in. The baby sized plastic keys are good enough for my piano chops.

> I want some buttons to fire off scripts with, and my
> eyesight is so poor I cant use the keyboard onstage... well I can but its
> risky..!

Well, in the past I depended a lot on the computer keyboard to fire
off Mobius scripts on stage, but now when I host it in Mainstage 2
that isn't an option. I have my scripts assigned to two other devices;
one very small FaderFox hand button pad (64 buttons in two cig pack's
space!!!) and also my LG2 foot controller.

> I cant agree with not having velocity however, for film music
>programming,
> its a necessity, both in terms of feel and speed.

Jeezzzzzz.....!!! I was talking simple drum programming that this
thread still was about... or at least I thought so! For playing
anything that is not supposed to go "BLAM" I wouldn't dream of
skipping over velocity! In fact I use the EWI just because of its
superior real-time control over the software instrument's parameters.
In fact that makes for more control than the 128 steps velocity allows
(also using a bunch of real-time played cc#s to alter the timbre while
holding notes).

> Im the KING of writing beginnings (that are faded out by video editors)
 LOL! :-)

per