Re: OT Now We Will Hear Freedom

Andy, et alia,

The score that Rainer has referenced indicates that, at the first
performance, the performer (David Tudor) indicated the beginnings and
endings of each movement by opening and closing the keyboard.
Apparently, this is a scan of Cage's second version of the score; I
say this because of the note in Cage's hand, describing  the Tudor
performance and the fact that he mentions a "a copy" being made for
Irwin Kremen.

Quite likely that the story you were told was a corruption of what
actually did happen (that Cage mentioned on the score how the original
performance had indicated the movements)...

Best,

Dennis

http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin
http://audiozoloft.com