Re: Fripper Gear Trivia

Am 06.12.10 14:31, schrieb Rick Walker:
>> All H8000s have firewire now. And they aren't $5500 each. You can do
>> way better than that. Easily under 5K. ;)
>>
>> Jeff
> Ahhhhh,   that makes it so much more affordable for me.
> I'll just have to order three of them!
>
> lol (and yes,  that is said with dripping sarcasm, the lowest form of
> wit as my father used to point out)

Some years ago I had my hands on an Orville. That time the price was
much higher than for its successor now...

I would not exchange it with my Max patches. Max/MSP is way easier to
program - And who cares about sound quality...;-)
The algorithms available today exceed the technology of those times when
Eventide built its reputation. You still pay for it today...

Alone the size of his rig will make him dependent on a lot of other
people. I prefer to tour hitch-hiking with just my backpack...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles--------x--