Re: Dumb newbie's question...Ableton anyone?

Am 29.11.10 18:47, schrieb antonyhequet@yahoo.com:
> the problem with computers is that they tend to draw your attention away
> from the music and into the screen...

If you are aware of it, and create your own looper, be it in Max/MSP
Bidule, Live or whatever, you don't need more attention to visual
feedback as with other gear (assuming you use some sort of Midi
controllers...).
The reason why there are more posts about hardware loopers is because
its more complicated to achieve uses the manufacturer did not envision
in the first place. You need all sorts of tips and tricks from
experienced users to get around.
If you create a looper yourself, you just implement what you need, but
this is also hard to share, because its bound to your personal creation.
Yes creating an instrument also takes time, but its well invested, the
rest is discipline, as with any instrument...

I am here to read and talk about the music, much more than to read or
talk about gear...

I just start to use Ableton, for the simple reason, that it can host
Max/MSP patches as Max4Live. But for performing I am completely happy
with Max alone...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles--------x--