Re: WHAT SORTS OF FIREWIRE INTEFACES ARE PEOPLE USING THESE DAYS?

tEd ® KiLLiAn wrote:

> As I said, I was "doing sort of a "scientific" A/B test" . . . not
> perfect, but an honest comparison.

hi Ted,
it certainly looks like you're in a tight spot here.

Things to rule out if you didn't already

1) Latency. If the Motu is producing more latency than you can stand,
   or even just enough to make things not feel right then it's
    going to end up in your fx loop.

2) Connectors.
    The comparison appears to be
    VG99>>>Motu>>>Speakers
vs   VG99>>>Speakers.

...but really it's
     VG99>>>Leads1>>>Motu>>>Leads2>>>Speakers
vs     VG99>>>Leads?>>>Speakers
   So let's be sure that budget leads aren't adding to your woes.

3) Are you running a *balanced* cable from Motu to speakers?

4) Are you running a *balanced* cable from  VG99 XLR o/p to the Motu?

andy butler