Re: Tip on a great free reverb plugin (for lappy loopers) PSP Pianoverb

Per sez:
>> This can be done well with any faltung/convolution plugin
> I disagree. Nothing sounds as real physical strings in sympathetic
> resonance and of course the PSP plugin doesn't replicate that sound
> exactly. But it sounds better in this regard than what is possible
> with convolution technique.

Sorry for sounding like a complete dickhole here, but: did you run a
serious scientifc analysis to support that claim - that the PSP plugin
sounds better than what is possible with the faltung approach? This
looks like a challenge to me, from a science philosophy standpoint.
(You're comparing the theoretical limits of a process to model systems
with a specific mathematical approach to the system modeling quality
of a specific black box).

Apart from that, the question really is what you're after:
If you're after the authentic sound of a great grand piano and its
resonances, then you best get yourself a grand. If however you want
some of those panchromatic resonances (and other highly ambient
domains), then you can use either approach.
For me, being able to do most things with only a handful of plugins is
important. For this reason, I personally prefer to use the reverb
plugin I already have rather than to use a different one for "the
piano reverb". YMMV.