Re: Tip on a great free reverb plugin (for lappy loopers) PSP Pianoverb

Rick Walker wrote:
> @Ted Killian tEd ® who wrote:
>> The Alesis Akira (and Ineko) also have a similar "Resonator" verb on it.
>>
> Wow, I own 2 Inekos and never realized that was in the
> program......thanks,  Ted.

A lot of cheap multi-fx have a resonator program.
There's generally only one frequency though, and usually
it's impossible to tune accurately.

Also it's sometimes possible a delay algorithm in some machines.

If the exact delay is tuned thoughtfully, you can get a nice harmonic
series from a single resonator.

>> @jayrope who wrote:
>>
>>> There's a similar effect in Lexicon PCM 70, 80 and 81 units. I call
>>> it resonator.
>>> So run a phonographic recording or drums into it, whicle playing the
>>> resonating notes on a midi keyboard: lovely.
>>>
> That's so cool,   I actually had tried to lobby a couple of different
> VST developers I know to develop a similar
> style of resonator,  with midi keyboard control in real time of what
> notes in the .wav file would resonate.
> This would enable you to play any live loop you
> created..............sooooooo cool it would be.

http://www.olilarkin.co.uk/index.php?p=polycomb

is a real time version.
I'm pretty certain there's others available,
..but then maybe I just ended browsing Oli Larkin's site
several times over the years.

There's some neat free stuff on his site too.

> So far I haven't gotten any takers

Perhaps because the only way to earn any money
at all out of a plugin is if it does something unique.
(and not so unique that it's not understood)

Non-commercial developers can knock something up in
Bidule (or similar) much quicker and get the same sounds.

You could always offer to pay a programmer to knock
 up a vst plugin in Synthedit.

> but I did purchase this VST and love
> it, though it is not really designed for
> real time play.

link?

andy butler