Re: Re: OT - Mahavishnu live footage

Matt -> What is the book called?

2010/12/27 Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com>
On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Per Boysen wrote:
But, as Michael remarked, John seems to have
always been truly sincere inside all that; the attitude to music
making as a prayer is something I totally agree with.  When watching
Johns activities from a distance against the background of "the
general sheep mob" one could easily take him for one of them. I had
similar bugs, back in the days (luckily such narrow perspectives
washed off by time), regarding Carlos Santana when he too showed up
"dressed in that Indian night shirt".
John and Carlos were both very serious devotees of the Indian Hindu guru, Sri Chinmoy.
I never got that they took it lightly or that they were being trendy.

McLaughlin's devotee name was Mahavishnu John McLaughlin,
Santana's was Devadip Carlos Santana for a while
and my brother and I always referred to him as DoubleDip Carlos Santana
(ahhhhhh,  immaturity!!!!)

rick walker

--
Petri Lahtinen