Re: Fwd: OT SYNTHETIC MODES

A friend taught me this Rag, calling it the "Hindustani" scale. Dunno
where that may come from, but it's a goodie for sure.

The Lydian flat 7th is the fourth mode of the melodic minor scale, a
great source of cool scales. I dig the fifth mode too, Mixolydian flat
6th (which works over augmented 7th chords if you want to stay
relatively inside).

ah, notes...

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com