Re: drum machine for D&B

billcumm@sprynet.com writes:

<< I've heard that the new Boss DR202 drum machine is geared to Drum and
Bass,
 and other electonic styles. >>

This is true, but it's also difficult to manuever through without the
manual,
doesn't sound really good (IMHO), and is built more like a toy than a tool.
True, the filters are fun to play with, but while I was test driving it, I
found myself more often than not crawling into a corner that couldn't be
backed out of, and having to turn the machine on and off.

If you have nothing, it might be worthwhile, but I'd personally wait and
see
if it sells at all, or if you can pick it up this fall for half the price
when
Roland unveils it's "new(est) hot techno/d'n'b/electro-box"... like they
seem
to be doing every three months now.

And I will come clean, lest I offend any big fans of the 202 out there,
that I
was checking into it for a friend who was interested but wanted my opinion,
and was trying it out in the store, with headphones and no manual to work
from, not plugged into my monitors and tweaking it for hours in the
comfort of
my own home.  But judging from my previous experience with Roland manuals,
I'm
not sure it would have helped anyway.

- Crossedout@aol.com