Re: What got ya to where you are...

I started looping in earnest in 1979-1980 in Ames, Iowa. I was a college
student at the time and had access to all sorts of cool A/V equipment at
the University. On weekends, I took home two Revoxes and did the
"Frippertronics" thing with a longish tape loop. I was playing in a heavy
metal chamber orchestra at the time ("The Nameless Anarchist Horde") and
tried to bring looping into our performances, without much luck. My
recollection was that everybody had trouble relating to rhytmic
idiosyncracies and suchlike. Anywho, I bagged it and wited until I had a
decent digital delay pedal (something by Digidesigns with a sampling
option...don't recall the name) in the mid 80s. Then samplers in the early
90s. Then a JamMan when it first appeared. Now a maxed EDP.

Heaven, I'm in Heaven.

Hasta -> Dr Rico