Re: Multiple Sound Cards and resolving MIDI clock

hi

if you need the spdif out only (no matter for ultra clean analog outs) get
an old AWE 64 gold. The Live is a pain in the arse, major driver problems
and difficult installation. take an old 64 gold. I've mounted my gina and
gold, now GOld and MOTU2408, and it works flawlessly. Very good for
software
synths. You run the appz on the GOld and record the digital out with the
GIna (not so good with virtual synths).
it's a brilliant combination....

>I was thinking of getting the SBLive card but have a couple of questions :
>
>1. Does the Live work ok with a Gina installed?

yes, you can have 2 soundcards installed in one system.

>2. Does the SPDIF connection come with the Live basic package or do you
>need
>to get the daughterboard option?

daughterboard option

>3. Can I connect the SPDIF out of my Gina to the SPDIF in of the Live in
>order to resolve the audio clock AND to keep the cards in sync. I want to
>have two apps - one master though the Gina and one slave through the Live.

you need a virtual midi cable to sync two or more appz

>The setup will be running MIDI data aswell (but not through the Live
>card).
>
>I know that if you're running multiple cards with audio and MIDI split
>between two programs that you need to resolve the audio clock of the card
>aswell as locking the two audio cards together.

??????

ciao
leo