Re: The Effects Of Looping...Or am I loopy?

    There is a good book entitled The Mysticism of Sound and Music by
the sufi teacher/musician Hazrat Inayat Khan. I suggest it to those who
are into deeper levels of awareness, creations, vibrations, and
spirituality. Some of the chapter titiles:
Esoteric Music
The Music of the Spheres
The Mystery of color and sound
The Divinity of Indian Music
The manifestation of Sound on the Physical sphere
The effect of sound on the physical body
The influence of music on the character of man
Healing Power/Spiritual attainment by music
The Magnetism of Beings and Objects
The value of repetition and Reflection
and much much more......
Aphorisms, prayers and chants, sounds, poetry, and lectures w/ phrases to
be
repeated......
    It's put out by Shambhala Dragon Editions.....

Other cool books I've read lately on music are: The nature of Improvisation
by Derek Bailey, and Theatre of Mixed Means by Richard Kostelanetz (an old
1968 1st print from my school [MTSU} library) which has insightful
interviews with LaMonte Young and John Cage as well as others involved with
visual and music mixed media arts.
I've heard of a book by AMM's E. Prevost called No Sound Is Innocent which
is evidently a vital read on field recording and manipulating found sound.
By the way, if you don't know already, the newest Wire mag has a "fun"
interview with K. Stockhausen.  Knowledge is Power.
Oh yeah....I'm patiently waiting to pay off the EDP I have on lay away and
then I can get started looping!!! Peace Out.   -from Jamie Mash