Re: Norton AntiVirus detected a virus in a message ....

> David, I believe Happy99.exe is the infamous "Melissa Virus" that you may
> have heard about in the news last month.

No. Happy99.exe is the Happy99 worm.  It infects your computer when you
run the happy99.exe program.

Meliisa is a different but similar worm.  It infects your computer when you
open the Micro$oft Wrod .doc file that is attached to the message.  But it
will not infect your computer if you have virus protection option turned on
in your Word 97 program (i.e. the option to automatically run Word file
macros is turned off).