Re: 7.6 Time machine

93

---Kim Flint <kflint@annihilist.com> wrote:

> At 9:58 AM -0700 6/10/99, Jeff Duke wrote:
> >I have a question for some of you tech guys. I
have two 7.6'rs but one
> >is real strong ; if I set it to 50% mix its even.
It has great feedback
> >9-10 repeats at full and a bit more delay time
than 7.6.
> >The other one is weak on all these points. The
question; is there a way
> >to obtain and replace the memory and could this be
the problem; weak
> >chip?
>
> something like this wouldn't be memory. I don't
know the digitech circuit,
> so I can't tell you what to do. But I'm guessing it
does feedback in
> analog, so there is some amplifier circuit that
sets this feedback gain.
> Somehow, the gain in the one unit is off, and it
can't reach it's max
> value. It probably even has a small potentiometer
on the board used to
> calibrate this, and the pot in your unit has gotten
off from the proper
> setting.

Yes, there are small trim-pots on the board that can
be adjusted for both more time (I think I got about
10.5 sec out of one) and more feedback (all the way
up to Godzilla stomping on Tokyo run-a-way feedback).
The problem is that the more feedback and time you
give it, the worse the signal degrades in quality, so
don't expect pristine sound from the additional time
and/or feedback.

I think that if you call up digitech, they can tell
you which pots to tweak. It's worth doing.

Good luck!

93
Rev. Doubt-Goat
===