Time signatures

Hi all,

I just wanted to find out if anyone knows of info sources on the net
that could help me to understand time signatures better- I am trying to
get a grip on how the 8th/beat setting and the current time sig in my
dr-5 interact with one another and I would like to understand it- I know
it is not difficult but any help would be appreciated-

I have a gig tonight and will be using my EDP for the first time on an
outing- I will have 3 loops set up and drum patterns to match-
NOTE- I discovered that if you ever need to re-sync your drum mach w/
the EDP you can mute the loop,  stop/start the drum mach and un-mute the
loop at beat 1 and it re-synchs with the drum mach as long as you have
mute set to "start" and not "continuous"- I was very glad to discover
this-

Take care,

Cliff