Vortex psuedo-wah

heres a copy of a recent correspondance
thought I ought to share

>        I received your e mail address from Todd Madson. I am trying to
>find
> a        wah-wah program for my Lexicon Vortex using a cc pedal. Any
> information              would be very much appreciated.

                THANX !

      JESSE C. STRACK

I'll look into that, there's no way to get the exact Wah-Wah effect from
the
vortex
but I do have the following "autowah" patch

Sweep A
Mix                                     64
Output                          64
modFX LVL                       64
Echo FX LVL             1
morph                           any
env                                     36

Rate1                           2>>>>1     *
Depth1                          37
res1                            50
rate2                           any
depth2                          1
res2                            50

* you have to start the patch with Rate1 set to 2, then listen to the
output
which will change in terms of  "Wah depth" as rate 2 cycles .
Change Rate1 to 1 when you get the sound you want. (set for max effect)

Once you've got this set up I reckon you could assign  the pedal to
Depth1 and change env to 1. Let me know how you get on.

Andy Butler
Lexicon Vortex Database (new section on undocumented features)
http://members.aol.com/soundfnr/vortex.htm