Re:AudioMulch live

> latency is about 30 ms on my MOTU2408... pretty good I think...
>
> how do you use it for live playing? which instruments going in
>Audiomulch?
> Are you using a laptop? which model and soundcard?
> tell us more about your live set... and if Audiomulch is stable enough
>for stage playing!
> Xverb? can you say more about this plug ins? where did you find it?
>
> I use my new Yamaha RM1x (hardware sequencer with 16 assignable knobs) as
> MIDI controller.
> The knobs switch sampler functions, speed and direction. In my last
> Audiomulch setup I'm using up to 4 minisamplers at the time, in various
> serial/parallel configurations. Initially I've used the Northpole but now
> I've added the Waldorf plug in as main filter thing. the filter is better
> IMO (no distortion even at higher settings).

The MOTU 2408 is excellent. That allows you to use auxilliaries on
AudioMulch - lucky man. I use a very old Turtle Beach tahiti card which
is quite clean but has developed a DC offset over the last year. Turtle
Beach don't seem interested in telling me how to cure it or even if it's
possible. Still for live its ok. In the studio I use digital only.
I plug my Strat and an old hawaian guitar which my wife bought me for 30
quid from a secondhand shop. It has a bass e string and some rubber
mutes attatched. I play it with a violin bow and an Ebow. It's my own
idea and sounds quite unlike a guitar - especially after its been
through AM!
I'm very influenced by Indian, and Middle Eastern music as well as North
African stuff and my live set is the bastard son of impressionistic,
electronically processed extended guitar and the above Ethnic influences
- not bad for a Welshman eh :)
This RMX thing sounds cool. I take it you're firing samples/ keyboard
stuff?? I notice Doepfer have brought a unit out with 64 assignable midi
control knobs which sounds interesting. I'm running out of foot
controllers since I can't really take my hands off the guitar during
performance. I'm thinking of running a sequencer program alongside AM so
that I can generate a MIDI data track which changes various things
automatically during the piece. The sequencer I normally use is VST but
this is very resource hungry and probably overkill for this application.
 I don't suppose anyone knows of a simple sequencer capable of recording
a few tracks of controller data, preferably with the ability to trigger
individual sequences spontaneously? :) I might check out some of these
algorithmic utilities that you see dotted around the net.

I use a standard desktop PC for live work. I don't mind living
dangerously and, (so far) no problems at all.

Incidenatally you can get Xverb, (free) from the URL I posted a week or
so back.

Sorry for the long email.
If others find this irrelevant then I'll email you privately.

Hwyl,
Gareth