EEEK! Equipment failure!

Okay folks, something horrid has happened:

My old 4-track recorder, used now primarily for transferring data to my
digital multi-track equipment got dropped recently.

After this, the belt that the unit uses to move the drive system appears
to have jumped the capstan.

I re-seated the belt, but the whole unit is now about 20% slower than it
was, even when set at its fastest.

I have about ten years worth of four-track tapes I'm attempting to
transfer to CD-r, any suggestions to try and speed this beastie up?

Could it be that an internal speed setting got jostled somehow?  It fell
about two to three feet to a carpeted floor.

Ideas?