Re: Small Equipment Possibilities

Hi.....

I thought about getting a 7-string guitar since you can get some decent
low end going on with those beasts and still sound rather guitar-like.
I was playing a $550 ESP LTD the other day and it played and sounded
really good - I was surprised.

That should work pretty well for flying off into any key.  As far as
getting decent percussion loops going - I'm really familar with the
Roland R-5 human rhythm composer.  I could probably have at least 20
different preprogrammed things ready to go and still create something
on the fly in a way that would sound artistic.

So, my current gear is:
Mesa Studio preamp, Lexicon vortex with pedal, roland JC-120 with
footswitch, then whatever guitar I feel like bringing (either a
Heartfield EX-2, a Jackson Soloist or a Washburn acoustic-electric
cutaway).

Cool setup tips here though.