Re: boomerang vs. headrush

Just as there are polytheists and countries like Switzerland I can just
imagine the fun I'd have using a rig that includes a Headrush AND a 'Rang
AND an EDP AND a JamMan AND (et cetera). Okay, that's too expensive and
extravagant, but you see what I'm getting at. Apples are good; so are
oranges. Pears too. I'm not particularly fond of bananas, but lots of
people do like them.

Like Miko Biffle pointed out, each piece of gear has its own strengths and
weaknesses. A device that gives you ten minutes of infinitely layered and
selectively undo-able loops at a sampling rate of 96k still doesn't
necessarily make a lowly 2000ms digital delay with "hold" completely
obsolete and useless. It's finding what all of the tools do best and using
them in combination that appeals to me. It's a lot like a painter having a
whole palette at his disposal as opposed to saying "I really like blue. You
guys who like red don't know what you're talking about."

I know it's not practical for most of us to finance and use a whole arsenal
of loopers, and it ultimately comes down to the question "Which ONE is the
best?". I guess we can't escape the answer "Well, it depends on how you're
going to use it!"

Tim