Re: tc D-Two, Disppointed again? NOT YET!

I've spoken with Simon at TC Electronic US and he said it did have
midi and was cc patchable. He wasn't able to give detailed information
because he's yet to see the unit or a manual himself.  He also said it
had a hold function which isn't mentioned anywhere in the ad copy or
on Harmony Central...

I'm hoping this isn't just cheap talk by a sales rep... I've spoken
with him about other products of theirs and he's been informative and
generally correct. I'm hoping this is true for the D-Two as well. If
so it is sounding like a stereo dream come true.

>>> Travis Hartnett <hartne.t@apple.com> 11/10 10:46 AM >>>
Looking through tc's website (http://www.tcelectronic.com/), under
the D-Two
spec sheet, I see no mention of MIDI.

That'd be a shame.  I was reflecting the other day how every looping
device
seems to be missing at least one feature that one or more of the
others have
(Boomerang won't latch into overdub mode, Headrush doesn't have hold
function in delay mode, etc).  Conversely, each one also seems to
have at
least one feature that the others don't.  All of these design
decisions push
you into certain approaches, but I'm still baffled at tc's apparent
exclusion of MIDI support on the D-Two.

In related news, I'm twitchy to buy two more EDP's the moment
they're
available again.  Does anyone have any projected availability dates?

TH

--
Tiktok: Austin's Premier One-Man Ambient Band
http://home.sprintmail.com/~tiktok/

MP3's available from:

www.rollingstone.com
www.mp3.com