Re: EDP Multiply question

----- Original Message -----

Then Floyd Miller wrote:

> You could turn down the input control all the way.
> But why?  all multiply without recording would do is
> make copies of the original loop which would be the
> same as just letting the original loop play, except
> the multiple loops would use up more memory.

Here's why--
Sometimes I have a phrase which works as the first part of a phrase, but
needs to be a multiple, i. e., it does not repeat enough times--you know,
like the first 4 bars of the blues, say.
Then I want to insert the next part, but in order to fool the audience into
thinking that it's live (!), I need to keep playing thru the doubling of
the
first part while I multiply to get to the proper place in the progression.
See, I'm not using any more than one loop yet.  I haven't needed or wanted
to switch between loops since the Echoplex has such an abundance of power.
Much better to compose the tune and arrange the parts as I go along--then
it
will play correctly ''til Kingdom come (or the audience gets ugly).
Unfortunately there is this limitation.  Good to know what the boundaries
are . . .
Gary