Re: My experiences with the Handsonic

I agree almost completely with Jonathan's Handsonic review.  I heard about
them at the NAMM show in LA last January and have been drooling and
waiting
in anticipation for their release ever since.

That was until July when I had a chance to play one for about a half hour
at
the Nashville summer NAMM.

Jonathan nailed it perfectly THE SOUNDS ARE A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Now, I own a Korg wavedrum and was hoping that this would be a great
"compliment" to it.  Not even close.  The Wave drum inspires me to play it
and program new and unheard of sounds.  This is not possible on the
Handsonic.  I thought the samples were very run of the mill and vanilla.
The
programmability was virtually nil.  Do not plan on tweaking and twisting
the
sounds into something new and exciting.  I was at least hoping for the
same
type of editability as the V-Drum brain. No such luck.

I am usually a big fan of Roland product (the new XV 3080 kicks serious
ass),
but the handsonic left me very cold.  What good is a great controller
(which
it is) when the sound set sucks?

- Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le)