Re: OT: tremolo pedal

>>I just want some direction before i walk
>into a Mars or GC or somewhere, since i
>can barely stand to be in those places for
>more than 15 minutes.  Thought i'd ask what
>fellow loopers use.

And i felt compelled to tell you my most recent GC story, involving my
tremelo (to keep it on topic about an off topic discussion).  Boss has an
independent repair service that does all of the repair work brought into
Guitar Center in Southern California.  You drop off your product at GC, the
repair center picks it up, fixes it, and drops it off back at GC where you
come and fetch it.

I had reason to call this repair center about fixing my Boss Tuner, which
failed while under warranty.  While i was on the phone, i asked the helpful
gentleman on the phone..."Hey, i've got a old Boss PN-2 tremelo/pan that's
had alot of miles on it...could i get the input and output jacks replaced?
They are getting a little scratchy."  His reply was "Sure!  Hell, it's the
same design, we can do that for you!  Just take it in to Guitar Center,
we're down there every thursday for pickups and dropoffs".

So, i finally get around to doing just that, and i walk in to Guitar Center
(where i have to wait in line to have the serial number of my stompbox
listed....oooh gosh, that guy that shops here all the time is stealing a
discontinued pedal!!!) and i proceed to the accessories counter.  The
salesmen is pretty confused already when i say i want to repair my pedal
that still works by replacing the input and output jacks via the repair
center.  So, after much prodding, he has to look up the pedal, so he can
make a repair receipt.  (insert lots of waiting here)

The Boss PN-2 is no longer manufactured, and thus, is no longer listed as
an item on Guitar Center's computers.  He looked and looked and couldn't
find the pedal.  What to do?  He gets another guy to help to no avail.
(insert more waiting here).

Finally, i say "what's the problem?  i've already spoken to the repair
center and they said it was cool.."

Conclusion?  Because GC cannot find a SKU of my pedal, they actually CAN'T
check it in on a repair reciept.  Even though i had my little green baby
right in my hands in front of them, they couldn't do a damn thing...

So i suggest "Do i just need to send it to the repair center myself?"

"Yeah, dude, that's what you should do"

Service...what service.  When you have access to the WalMart of musical
instruments, i guess we're shoppin' for price and not too much else.

seeya all later, and Kim?  HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR LOOPERS DELIGHT!  I have
learned so much here... Thanks to all.

rich