Warez (was Sharks Lungs in Haggis)

>get the real programs with the real manuals or ask anything that hasn't
>to do with cracked software and you'll get my happy answers or comments
>to any question or thoughts
>untill then you will get ruder reactions on this "warez" issue in a lot
>of mailing lists/newsgroups where experienced users hang around
>specially if this is your first post after just signing in

hi,

I just wanted to say that it shouldn't matter if somebody bought the
software or just got it from a warez site. I think there are quite some
facts that speak for warez. The first point would be that a lot of people
couldn't make music if there wouldn't be cracked software. I'm not capable
to buy all the programs i use because the prices are just to high. So, if i
would stick to the stuff i could buy, guess then i would have to use that
piano site for making music (and we really don't want that, do we?:)))
The other thing is that we have the possibility to test things. I think
software in general is sort of a user phenomenom. Most of the software has
lot of bugs. Would anybody buy a t-shirt with a hole or a car which could
have general protection fault?:))
What I don't agree with is, that pirates are making profit with selling the
software. That's were IMO the stealing lies. In china they copy and print
the cds which look like the original and they sell it as an original!! that
is wrong. The software companies all in all don't want to get bothered with
a bedroom musician. If I copy a program, I don't cause any damage to
anyone,
because I wouldn't buy it anyway (because of the reasons mentioned
earlier).
So if we put in a little of economic science, the society net wealth curve
would be higher as I would feel better and no one would be damages. "the
allocation" would be pareto efficient. (sorry got carried away because of
the exams).

greetings,

gregor