Re: Warez - A Rebuttal

... but potential profits have been eliminated...

I didn't eliminate any potential profit, because there's no potential
profit
from my side at the moment. I took warez from an anonymous ftp and so i
didn't pay the pirates (actually i don't even know a pirate with music
applications). so blaming me for people getting fired is as blaiming me for
the holocaust.

also to sum up and perhaps conclude this debate. i didn't come up with this
warez talk to find out if it's right or wrong. it started because one list
member got a negative response because he has an illegal copy. i don't
think
ppl should be judged and helped based on the fact if they bought the
program. I DO NOT say that warez is OK, but just wanted to point that
there's also the other side of the story.
Also, stating that somebody is immoral because he/she is using pirated
software is an act which i'd really think about before doing it.

greetings,

gregor

p.s.: the tools i use don't boost my self-confidence, the things I create
with the tools do.