Re: Warez - A Rebuttal

In a message dated 09/10/2000 9:13:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
gregor.zavcer@kiss.uni-lj.si writes:

<< Can you explain me how can you tell if the music is honest when you hit
play
 on the CD? >>

I don't know about anyone else, but I know I can tell, and yet I don't
know
how to quantify that judgment.

And, it may simply be honest about how fucked up it is, too.  Things are
revealed in music that are not revealed in direct, person-to-person
experience.

And every musical event involves two: the musician and the listener.  Each
brings his/her own frames of reference to the event.  (Most American
frames
of reference are shaped by that BSb/Britney mentality, and it has always
been
so.  Pop culture is what it is.  This makes 'art' more difficult.
Somewhere
there are gray areas, too, and those who wish to subvert this paradigm.)

Can you tell when another person is lying to you?  It's the same question,
really...

I'm glad this thread has erupted this way... how it gets around to
looping, I
don't know, but these are things musicians should think about, loopers or
not.

All of the above is my judgment (IMFA).

Kevin