Re: Am I nuts ?

In a message dated 9/10/00 10:41:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jordanpease@webtv.net writes:

<< One thing that really bugs me is that sometimes if I erase a loop and
 start again several times in a row, I loose sync with the drum machine.
 This is especially troubling when I already have a loop going that I'm
 overdubbing onto. That has NEVER happened with the Jamman. (I've got two
 Echoplexes hooked-up in a stereo configuration).

 One of the features that the Jamman lacks that I was excited to have on
 the Echoplex was the UNDO function.  I find that it doesn't work as I
 would expect it to... >>

I also just started using an Echoplex  (migrating from the Jamman
environment) and observed the above as well. The UNDO function doesn't
always
seem to undo. I'm not sure if this is a configuration issue or just the
way
the UNDO function works (or rather doesn't).

I've also noticed an intermittent problem with losing sync to a drum
machine.
Ultimately, I guess, I was trying to use the Echoplex  in a similar
fashion
as I had used the Jamman (which is, needless to say, not optimizing the
Echoplex's capabilities) and I moved away from that setup. Rather, I've
been
entering drum/percussion directly into the Echoplex using a Hart
percussion
pad to trigger an Alesis DM5. Then, I've been adding guitar rhythm or bass
patterns, building up several fuller loops then recording the whole mess
my Roland VS840EX. Once, I have some good backgrounds prepared, I solo
over
the whole shebang and record, again, via the VS840EX.

Later.....Paul from "the Butch Band"