Re: Repeater and foot control

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Matthias Grob wrote:
> >Matthias Grob wrote:
> >
> >  > Thats a good point!
> >>  And I could contribute some hints about the mechanics so the switch
> >>  action is time acurate!
> >
> When I say time accuracy, I relate to the delay you get on most
> switches between touching it and actually closing the contact. Those
> you have to press with some foot velocity which then again may
> disturb playing.
> The Oberheim one is better than many others, but PARADIS still had the
>best...

        I've noticed this when trying to sync my dl4 and vortex. I'll get
a polyrhythmic loopy echo thing going on the vortex, throw a couple bars
into the dl4, and move on. Thing is, when closing the loop on the dl4
(kaCHUNK) the industrial switches make it hard to get the timing just
right, and the dl4 doesn't seem quite as forgiving about such things. It's
becoming obvious I need to replace the much-hated lexicon footswitch (tap
tap tap tap click arrgh!) but does anyone have any suggestions on maybe
'loosening up' the feel of the dl4? Anyone suggest a good double pedal for
the vortex? Bueller?

-><-