MusserRings

>would you share what your awesome new invention for guitarists is?
>
>there are a number of folks here who have taken ideas from concept to
>completion (such as our host, mr. flint).  maybe we can help in some
>fashion?
>
>you don't have a GODBOX up your sleeve, do you?

Sure, I filed for the patent... so I don't have a problem. That's why you
do that.

It's called the MusserRing. It fits between the 1st and 2nd knuckle of the
fingers of the hand that do the fingering on the guitar... it is a flat
ring for playing slide. It has a particular shape which allows you to turn
it and adjust the sizing so that you can bend your finger, play slide and
still have ALL your fingertips available for your favorite uther stuff...

It is ridiculously simple... hard to believe the other slide manufacturers
haven't solved this problem a long time ago. The problem is sizing. There's
one guy who came up with something adjustable, but it does not have the
shape of the Mussering, and therefore is not adjustable in terms of how the
finger bends... also, his design is too thick and prevents the fingers from
being close together up high on the neck.

I noticed on the Dunlop website (who I showed these things to), they have a
thing called a shy slide... which is very close to what is in the drawings
on my patent filing... but so far have never seen one in a store.

Anyways... I paid $50 each for mine... maybe folks would be happy to pay
the price, but seems steep... problem again is getting the correct sizing
for each persons hand. I use 4 of them, one on each finger, and you can do
things you've never heard before with these things.

Well, that's it. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

I will be on vacation until next Friday... enjoying the list... will return
soon.

Peace, Love, & Music
James Musser
peaceland@earthlink.net

Lessons at:  http://home.earthlink.net/~peaceland/peaceland.htm
Underwater Traffic:  http://members.aol.com/utjam/ut.htm
Top 100 Unsigned Bands in L.A. '99 - Music Connection
Nominations:  Best South Bay Band '97 - Rock City News
Best Guitar '97 & Best L.A. Band '96 - LA Music Awards