DL4 question

<< There was an early version that had some
<<kind of bug in it that was resolved in a later version of the unit.

I may be a little off here, but I believe the early DL4 bug-scenario was that some (not all) version-1 units would sometimes crash when powered up in the loop mode, and would then have to be reset.  As far as I know that's the only difference between version 1 and later units.  It was quickly addressed, and I think if you get in touch with them Line6 will install the bug-free software for you free of charge.