Re: OT Polyphony (was: rant from hell)

Matthias, I believe, is describing a true signal separation between the six
strings (hence "hex-pickups").  By combining the outputs of all six strings
into one signal (as we do now), you get IM distortion amongst other things,
as well as the inability to process each string individually (probably most
useful for pitch-shift effects, like digitally "tuning" to open G or
something).

In this sense, "polyphonic" refers to the pickups, not the instrument
itself.

Lindsay

                    "Clifford@BienA

                    ppraisers"             To:
<Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
                    <bienappraisers        cc:

                                           Subject:     Re: OT Polyphony
(was: rant from
                    11/02/00 12:17         hell)

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    Loopers-Delight

My guitar is already "polyphonic" - what does the system you speak of
actually do?

Cliff