Re: Repeater Foot controller?

Mark Sottilaro (12:39 PM 11.03.2000) wrote:

 >I went and ordered a Repeater from Alto music (Don't worry Kim, when the
 >Echoplex comes out I plan to purchase one of those as well!) and was a
 >little dismayed when my question of, "Does that include the foot
 >controller?" was answered, "That device doesn't have a foot controller."

Right. One does *not* come with it.

I think that the email that you're referring to is this one from Damon:

   Hey loopers,
   Trying to stay true to some of the comments around here I would like
   to request some feedback on a MIDI foot controller for Repeater. I
   posted a very quick concept sketch on our site. Just on click
   http://www.electrixpro.com/topsecret/remi.gif to view it.

   Please leave any feedback in our Electrix forum to avoid annoying
   everyone here. Just go to our site http://www.electrixpro.com and click
   on "views" and then "forum". Just leave your comments in "loop based
   recording"

   Best Regards,

   Damon Langlois
   Creative Director
   Electrix / IVL
   "No Creative Barriers"
   Tel (250) 544-4091 Fax (250) 544-4100
   http://www.electrixpro.com

The forum doesn't seem to be online though.

 >Now, I've got to say that I'd have still purchased the unit, regardless
 >of foot controller, but what gives?  I've been using a cheesy ADA midi
 >controller to control my JamMan.  Will I have to purchase yet another
 >controller?

Repeater will work with a MIDI controller, but will also work with a
simple
footswitch controller. Electrix is looking to bring out a separate MIDI
based foot controller in the future. That was what the discussion was
centered around.

 From the website:

   Remote Control

     -Any TRS style 3-button foot controller (like a Digitech FS-300)
     gives foot control over play/stop, record and tap tempo.

     -Repeater can be operated from a MIDI foot controller for
     "Hands Free" use.

     -Full MIDI control also means you can sequence your loops to
     create complete song structures.

     -MIDI keyboard control over the pitch offers real-time
     manipulation over the sample. Experiment with melodic
     variations of the loop.

Mark