Re: OT was Rant from Hell, now Joni Mitchell

Bill Fox" <billfox@fast.net> inquired:

>Why not tour with one roadie who can tune a guitar off stage whil she
has one
>guitar in her hands and a spare in a stand right next to her.  Three
guitars -
>all acoustic.  The roadie can't be THAT expensive, making touring
unprofitable?
>Unless Joni is playing exclusively at 100-seat clubs like Godfrey
Daniels in
>Bethlehem, PA?

I don't think having to have a roady maintain the guitars was the sole
issue.  Also at play were the potential neck problems caused by the
non-standard tensions that occur when one employs altered tunings.  The
VG8 solves that issue, and provides a "guitar" that stays in tune and
stable regardless of what tunings are employed.

Obviously she went on to discover the broadened tonal pallette the VG8
provides over and above the tunings, and that has certainly had a
positive impact on her art.

As one who owns a VG8 and adores it, it was particularly impressive
catching her live and hearing what she is doing with it.  She's been a
favorite artist of mine for a long time, and I would never have had the
opportunity to catch her live if it weren't for the VG8.

I think it is one of the greatest music technology achievements of the
last century.

--
Tonefully yours...

Lee Sebel•Cool Music Gear You Can't Live Without•888-487-2166
  Representing Innovative Instruments of Impeccable Quality
                   http://www.mp3.com/voltz