Re: Frisell in the UK...

> Yes I did, and it was a great evening. As with his solo shows here back
> in March, (which BTW was the gig that inspired the track mentioned
> above) the DL4 certainly seems to be taking centre stage in Bill's
> set-up, although he's be no means abandoned the Digitech pedal either.
> He seemed to be using one of the real-time backwards settings on the DL4
> at one point and reversing loops too, but I was near the back so I'm
> going from what I heard rather than what little I could see. Great
> mixture of material from fuzz thrash through to acoustic delicacy. Crazy
> bass and drums too from Tony Scherr and Kenny Wooleson.

I think he had the Digitech and the DL4 in two separate effects loops - I
can't be certain, but it looked like he was setting up loops, and then
switching them in and out with a different pedal... The Digitech seemed to
be many used for the real-time manipulation stuff, while the DL4 was the
backwards madness box... :o)

Steve
web-site - www.steve-lawson.co.uk
e-mail - steve@steve-lawson.co.uk