Re: Ebtech Hum Eliminator - Crispy Or Extra Crispy?

At 06:21 PM 11/20/00 -0600, Michael Clark wrote:

>I decided to plug into a different outlet about 30 feet away from the
>first
>- worked great.  I'd like to have the equipment on board so I don't have
>worry about anything but my performance - or turning into a human volt.

The Ebtech works great in my studio to eliminate hum caused by ground
loops.
I know, there shouldn't be any ground loops in a properly wired studio.
Well I did my best and the Ebtech takes care of what little residual
there was between my mixer and power amp.

I'm not sure exactly how the Ebtech works.  It is not just lifting grounds.
It uses some method of signal balancing - perhaps transformers.
Anyway, I don't think the Ebtech would do much in a situation where the
electrical wiring is faulty such as swapped hot and neutral lines.
And I sure wouldn't trust it or anything else to keep the juice from
flowing through your body in a situation like that.

Better to get an AC circuit tester to check for proper outlet wiring
before you plug your equipment and yourself in to it.