re: Using phones to loop

The first president of our country wrote:

I am thinking of releasing a cd of all
inprovised call noted compositions. I work in a mall and I was thinking
it
would be cool to put a picture of me on the phone through the storefront

window on the front of the cd case, and my time sheet and check on the
back
where the song titles go. At any rate I hope this give somebody out
there a
laught at the boring do nothing jobs( that is if you are un/lucky
enought to
have one of them)

Rick Walker wrote back:

    I, for one would be interested in purchasing that CD should you ever
decide to release it.
Please keep my e-mail address just in case.

Your message also reminds me of something I was involved in, here while
back. A student of mine, knowing that I was interested in overtone
singing called my answering machine to tell me that a Mongolian musician
was overtone singing on NPR (hoping that I was there and would pick
up).   Frustrated, she finally just put the radio up to the phone and
the Mongolian was transported onto my answering machine (an old Radio
Shack cassette version).   I had, just that very day,  purchased the
Casio watch that has a cheap little 30 second sampler in it , so I
played my answering machince back and recorded the Mongolian onto my
watch.   I then called my student back and played my watch's recording
onto her equally crummy answering machine (she not being there).
As you can imagine, by this time the singer's overtone singing had
seriously degraded and by this time sounded like a rhythm track off of
an Aphex Twin or Autrechre recording.
I took the resultant recording and looped it into my Lexicon JamPerson
(I live in PC country in Santa Cruz, California) and used it in a
performance that night.
It was looping, just the most convoluted and lo fi kind.