RE: MAX and MIDI and Looping

On 27/11/00 at 15:14, Darcy  Clark <darcyc@engin.umich.edu> wrote:

> > say - Digital Performer then I gather Max is the option that's left.
> > I heard mention of a Max list - anybody have info?

FWIW,

The Max list is at

http://www.cycling74.com

If I were you I'd set it up so that you don't have to put up with all the
rubbish that gets sent to that list from antiorp.
There are a few looping apps out there I think.
Josh Kit Clayton has written one, you can find out about a lot of that
stuff
from the cycling 74 site.

In my experience it is difficult to achieve a high degree of timing
accuracy
within MAX. Hopefully the next version will go some way towards ironing
that
out. That seems to be the only real problem though (!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Apart from that you can do pretty much anything you like with MIDI in a MAX
patch.

L8r