Re: OT Argentinian Spam

At 8:59 PM -0800 1/5/01, stevenw wrote:
>Someone said earlier on L.D.  we were getting the Argentinian  spam from
>LD
>I am getting this spam in increasing amounts each day  and am surprised
>more
>people havent commented on it.

It is not possible for spam to come through the LD list. Only subscribers
are allowed to post, so the list cannot be used for spamming. Just being
subscribed to the list will not get you spammed.

However, posts to the list do end up in a public web archive where anybody
can get the address you post with if they want.

It is quite clear that spanish speaking countries have discovered spam. I
also get spam in russian, korean, italian, japanese, chinese, etc. just
think of it as an opportunity to learn new languages. Of course, you will
only be able to talk about get rich quick schemes and porn, but it's a
start.

kim