Fuzzy EDP sound as LED fades

Hello Group.

I'm new to the list.  I'm a guitarist who uses my newly
aquired EDP for backing sound and backing for improvising.
I have had a couple of jamman's in the past but people kept
throwing lots of money at me for them, and I gave in.

My question is about my EDP.  I notice that when recording
and playing back the initial loop it is quite noisy.  There
is a digital fuzzy sound as the feedback LED fades.  If the
feedback LED is not on and the loop is quiet it is fine.
I'm not overloading the signal on either ends.  The
distortion sounds quite digital.  I don't know if an
audience would hear it but my ears are pretty decent and I
don't have to strive to hear the noise.  It does have Loop 5
installed on it.  Any ideas?  I thought perhaps it is bad
RAM chips.

Chris Conley
conleycd@mcmaster.ca