Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V01 #31

Well, like I was attempting to illustrate without being obvious,
Perspective
is Everything more often than not.  At the time I was still sliding into
the
Ambient Music area, and was at the Kitchen event more to hear Byrne, Eno,
etc., and not an over-amplified musical statement about music, or so it
seemed at the time.

Many years after DNA's presentation, I met the Oil Junkys (see
http://www.echograph.com/) and besides jamming with their brand of "rich
sound montage of musical and audio events that range from the visceral to
the sublime", found the freedom of working using just the guitar and
loops/effects, instead of the entire rig of equipment I dragged all over to
perform Stone Soup Project (an ongoing performance-art-music process)
previous to this.  So like I said, Perspective is often Everything.

Stephen Goodman
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios * The free Loop of the Week!
http://www.mp3.com/StephenGoodman * New MP3 Releases!
http://StephenGoodman.iuma.com * Even more MP3s!

"anti:clockwise" <anticlockwise@tensionheadache.org> put forth:
> this group was made up of arto lindsey (the guy "banging on the guitar"),
> ikue mori and either robin crutchfield (if you saw keys) or one of the
> members of pere ubu (if you saw a bass).
>
> you might not believe it, but you are very lucky to have seen this.
whether
> or not it was appriciatable isn't even worth bickering over as the
> subsequent contributions to the artform made by each member of dna are
very
> well documented.
>
> perhaps you'd be a bit surprised by the much-more-predicitable "ambitious
> lovers" records made by a.l. in the late-ies.
>
> [snip]
>

> >I went to a benefit for The Kitchen (in NYC) waaay back in '81-82,
>
> [snip]
>

> >Well, about 12.30 a band came on that was sort of an anti-band if you
will.
> >It was DNA.  I recall that I thought it was just f%%king awful, no,
BEYOND
> >that.  I was appalled at the abuse that the 'guitarist' (quotes in
context)
> >hailed upon his guitar, just BANGING on it frankly.  A wall of noise.
Kind