RE: "Perspective/Perception Is Everything"

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Jonathan@full-moon.com wrote:

> In order to be creative, one needs to learn and practice.
> Having teachers,
> and books on the subject, if either are any good, will make this easier,
> not harder. You just haven't found the right books, or teachers.

Creativity can never be taught or learned, it's a gift, it's
natural....you can learn and be taught techniques and institutions but
never on "how" to be creative.

But I was refering to the way you approach your instrument and creative
process.....I use a guitar as my main instrument, but I stopped playing
guitar a long time ago, get what I'm talking about? I regret ever learning
what a power chord is, that has cursed me because it's so easy to fall
into the trap of traditional instrumentation and technique.

Nobody is "wrong" on this, we all have our own ways of playing music.

--
travis salisbury
http://www.illuminetdesign.com