Re: Repeater spotted!

rich wrote:
> This was a new one for me...I thought that you could change the pitch
> or time on a loop, but that all four tracks would be affected.  Not
> so, to my delight.  Wow.  four independent tracks!  On just one loop!

Actually, I asked Damon specifically about time stretching in this
manner, and he said that any time compression/expansion affected the
entire loop, i.e. all four tracks at once.

So, you CAN change the pitch on one discreet track within a loop without
altering the pitch of other tracks, but when you timestretch, all four
tracks are affected.  You can't speed up or slow down one track while
the other three stay at their original speed.  Speed affects the entire
loop, not individual tracks within it.

God, can you imagine the software hassles is they DID try to implement
independent timestrech for each individual track within a given loop?!

--Andre LaFosse
http://www.altruistmusic.com