Re: Future Repeater Users Manifesto (was Re: Repeater spotted!

>It's an age-old story... the engineers set deadlines for
>themselves under pressure from management, marketing goes into overdrive
>for the product launch, and it keeps getting pushed back until finally
>marketing and/or management can't take it anymore and push the half-baked
>product out the door, much to the dismay of the users. The engineers keep
>working to support the thing with endless patches, but the damage has been
>done, and the product's reputation is shot.

This is exactly what happened to the first soft release of the
Echoplex (there was no beta test for version 3.5!), with the
difference that Gibson did not even care about the bugs nor pay me,
so I did not upgrade... but thats long over... Kim fixed that
situation and insisted until 5.0 was really bug free.

>If there's a remote chance it's not going to be ready by March, say so now
>and take the pressure off yourselves so that we the users can have a
>product we can trust. I can't speak for the rest of the group, but I'll
>wait. I would rather hear  "It'll be done when it's done" than "It'll be
>ready by january! I mean march! I mean june! umm... 2003?"

right!
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org