Some of It's Parts

<<-Music itself is just vibrations of the atoms in the air...

No. There are lots of vibrations- not all are music.

<<-our perception of sound is hopelessly coloured

Hopelessly? Interesting choice of words...

<<-The beginning of the "questioning of oneself" is the beginning of
making
sure we have it <<together.

Uh- - -  Okay.

===
In our quest to appear that we *have it together* it can seem tempting to
abandon both logic and our instincts. We’ve been hearing this kind of
stuff
for so long: Enlightentment/Existential patter that wants us to believe
that
we are even LESS than the sum of our parts.

But us country peasants are no longer as quick to believe whatever
rhetoric
the guerrillas in the hills are pushing [be it coke or work boycotts].
Folks
are much less likely to attend art openings where there is only red
dripped
on Plexiglas. People  almost definitely won’t pay 40 bucks to watch some
fool sit silently at a piano. And most know that there is a jewel in the
heart of the lotus. More and more will understand the sweet
chicken&eggness
of math and music. Space and time. Existence and consciousness. Instinct
and
purpose.

Whether you gather roots for breakfast, or live on the 14th floor; we're
one
people, in the same gravity. Most of that old talk of class, race, culture
was a ruse to manipulate us, and make us not question the credentials of
the
speakers. Those speakers will also tell you why music no longer needs
harmony, rules of composition or rhythm. In fact, they’ll try to make you
feel small if you don’t agree. That's why I like looping: You can't fool
people who have had a hand in creation. They know the difference between
noise and - - - uh, Something Musical. They know that banging someone with
pipe doesn’t become music until you add good intention.
Robb