Re: Click Track from EDP

>I would like some small module which connects to the sync output (or
>midi output) of the EDP and produces an audible click track which
>would go into my headphones. I'm sure one exists, I just don't know
>how to look for it!  Can anyone help?

I agree that the nicest way is a simple MIDI drum machine.

The simplest way is with the BeatSync output that was intended for this.
Param Sync (Timing-Insert) needs to be OUT.
It creates a click (really just a click, no beautifull sound) at every
cycle.
As you mention, you need to start with a rather short cycle and then
multiply over it. There are other advantages to this kind of
"slicing" anyway.

>I found that when I used NEXTLOOP into an empty loop with the same
>timing as the old loop, I had much dificulty matching my playing to
>the old tempo exactly!  I was trying to watch the multiply # change
>on the beginning of each cycle.  Fine for short cycles, but
>rediculous for multiple measure long cycles.

I dont trust the visual control, somehow, but nevertheless, Eberhard
Weber convinced me to include flashing LEDs in the upgrade,
controlled by 8th/Beat factor.

For your situation I personaly would prefer to use LoopCopy or
NextMultiply with FB zero, so you listen to the previous loop as a
guide while you record the next one. No click nessesary and a musical
conection is given. Depending on the music, of course, the previous
and next loop may not sound nice together, but I experience that even
if you change the harmonies drastically, it does not hurt so much,
because we automatically listen more to the new loop and perceive the
previous as a comforting obsolete base...

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org