Re: OT: 1604 VLZ Pro

>for my studio- the 1604 VLZ Pro

The preamps are very quiet on the VLZ pro.  The biggest drawback for me is
the EQ section.  From what I can tell, this is where they recouped the
extra
money spent on pre-amp componantry.  In my opinion, I wouldn't really say
that the 1604VLZ was designed as a studio mixer, but you definately can
get
a decent recording out of it.  If you're only interested in this price
range
you might take a look at the Allen and Heath mix-wizard series.
bye-
jon